Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal

One of the attributes of the wood element is Hope.  With the ability to look into the future comes the hope of being able to influence it. 

Every year at this time, the sun comes out and I start dreaming about what my backyard could look like.  And every year I clear away all of last year's brambles.  And I plant seeds.  And every year the weeds come up faster than my seeds and choke them out.  However- this does not stop me from doing it all over again the next year as soon as the sun comes out.  So- here it is.  Cleared.  Seeded.  Probably soon to be the favorite litter box of all the cats in the neighborhood (nothing like freshly turned soil for the feline connoisseur).  But if you only knew what it is going to look like in my mind. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment